Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hawaii and Halloween

So I am absolutely ticked off. I have been avoiding blogging like the plague and what happened tonight reassured my attitude. I have spent HOURS creating a post with lots of Hawaii pics and captions only to have it disappear in thin air! Arrrggghhhh!!!! So here is a quick post with a few Hawaii pics and Halloween thrown into one.


HALLOWEEN-


Our little Bumble Bee





Our Vampire
For those of you who know Weston know he is very anti-social, so Halloween terrified him and he lasted 6 houses before he was begging to go home. This pic below pretty much sums up how he was the whole night.





Oh well, maybe next year he will be better (I told myself that last year).






HAWAII
We spent 4 days in Oahu and 2 days on the Big Island. We didn't have too much planned since we had about 3 days notice that we were going. But who cares--- it's Hawaii! We did a lot of snorkeling and we found the best at the reefs at the Big Island. Those pics are on another CD and I don't have time right now to put them on here. They are just pics of some fish. sea turtles, and my pretty face in a swimsuit(yea, you won't miss much). We also went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. Those pics suck because it was raining, dark, and I used a disposable camera (not a good combination). But here are some of my other faves:



Our favorite beach in Oahu. It was uncrowded and the sand was unbelievable. It beat the Caribbean hands down.


Volcano territory on the Big Island. Lots of black sand and rock.






One of our few pics together in front of the temple. It was pouring rain, look at that amazing hair!

An unsuspecting tourist




Beautiful sunsets







Cool roads




Alien trees


My favorite thing to do while Gregg was at work: read the Twilight series on the beach. I did read all 4 of them and loved them. (Team Edward!)
Hawaii was a blast and am so glad and extremely lucky I got to go. Maybe next time Gregg's work will send him to Australia!

10 comments:

Melissa Brown said...

Cute pics of your boys in thier costumes. I am so jealous of your trip :) It looks so breathtaking there. I love the sunset pics and I am glad you liked the Twilight series :) I am not sure what I would do without my kids for a whole week!!!

Tora Family said...

Cute pictures of the boys...Gabriel was a bumblebee for Halloween too. :)

You can't beat Hawaii...those were beautiful pictures. Sometimes a vacation without any plans and a lot of relaxation is the best...especially if it can be spent laying on the beach!

Logan and Tanya said...

Adorable Halloween pictures! And Hawaii looked FABULOUS! I'm so glad you got to go!

Brandi Jo said...

I am glad that you had such a good time... your boys are cute, and glad you finished the books all in one trip! It makes it nice so you can have a life when you get home! :-)

Alecia said...

Looks so fun! Love the pictures.

Alecia said...

Oh, are you going to the movie opening weekend??? Saturday at noon!

Brian and Abby said...

I know I wrote this earlier, but I am so jealous. Those pictures are great. How much fun that would have been. Great memories

Lynette said...

Awesome Hawaii pictures!

Dana said...

Hey we have the same towel. So jealous you got to go to Hawaii. I would love that right about now, or anytime. I love your new pics of the family. You don't age at all and are still just as beautiful. Roots and all. I like the blonde/dirty blonde hair. Your boys are adorable! And yes, Dylan does look like he has green eyes. Ava does too hers are just lighter. So they may change???

ensadler said...

Oh it is good to know there are other little boys that don't care for Halloween! I couldn't even get Brevin to a door. Last year didn't go so well either so I am thinking next year we aren't going.
I love your Hawaii pictures! The look so surreal! Maybe one day I will be able to go. Ha Ha!