Sunday, March 2, 2008

Our Boys

We are trying to potty-train Weston. Any advice?
Cash is 4 1/2 mos old! Time flies. He hasn't rolled over or anything yet, he just "chills". He is always happy, happy, happy and we are so grateful, grateful, grateful!

Weston loves to hang out in the crib with Cash. I think they will be pretty good buddies someday.


8 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

Good luck with the potty training...it looks like you have some fun times ahead of you! :) Your boys are adorable!

Tora Family said...

I've heard boys are the hardest to potty train. My sister's two boys didn't potty train until they were almost 4, which is kind of late, but not uncommon. They tried everything until finally they said the diapers were all gone and there would be no more. It only took a few accidents and they were using the potty. Check out these links for some pointers:

http://parentcenter.babycenter.com/toilet-training-readiness-checklist-2-years

http://parentcenter.babycenter.com/0_toilet-training-boys_65082.pc

Melissa Brown said...

Wow, I can't even imagine Potty training at two. I don't think Carter will be ready till maybe 2 1/2. I am pretty clueless when it comes to that. I have heard of reward wystems, like a m&m every time they pee and candy corn or whatever. I love the pictures of Cash. He is adorable. They will for sure be buddies when Cash gets older!

Brandi Jo said...

I started Potty training Aiden @ 20 months and he was waring underware @ his 2 year check-up. He was fully potty trained with in 6 months of starting. We were just really consistant. Lots of messes to clean up. 6 monhts is a long time, but that is with him totally going to the bathroom on his own when he needed to go. Every kid is diffrent though. Gavin is not going to be so easy... I am starting him now (22 months). He's gone just a few times. I have heard to not go back and forth between diapers and underware... it confusses them... Good luck! Oh... I keep my toilet paper on the sink now and not on the roll for the same reasons! They love to un-roll a whole roll in one sitting.

Brandi Jo said...

Well... I tried for the most part to go cold turkey, but it is hard. There were those few moments where I just threw a diaper on him. I tried not to do it very often. (I did do it at night though. I was not ready for that mess yet!) JCPenny has a really nice potty training underware that I really liked. Maybe you can check it out if you have one in Boise. Well... Take care!

The Booher's said...

my advice is to wait. We waited with Chloe until she was 2 1/2 and it took 2 days and no poop messes ever! All we did was put her in underware and she didnt like it to be wet so she started going on the potty!

The Booher's said...

oh also for boys, my friend sat her son backwards on the toilet and he learned like that!

Allison McDonald said...

Kyler is finally trained. It took about two weeks for "day training" to be completed. Just take it one day at a time. (He's just over 3) We tried earlier but it didn't seem like it was sticking. Now that he was older we talked about it one day and just went cold turkey. (I would put a pull up OVER his underwear if I was going places "Just in case") I have a hard time being confined to my house. But every so often just reminding him to "Save his Potties" Is what i'd tell him. Then one day...I heard the toilet flush. and he'd gone by him self. He was still pooping about one week into it and we got sick of it and threw him into the shower (he hates the shower) and made him wash his bumb off...we had to do that twice and NO MORE POOP ACCIDENTS :) Yeahhh. It is so nice to finally have it done.

Basically i think that one of the biggest parts is that YOU have to be ready to do it...and then with time it will come.

It is seriously one of the most frustrating (and discusting) things I've ever had to do.