
We went to California for a much needed vacation. We got to spend a couple days at this resort in Mandalay Beach. It felt like we were somewhere exotic and there was hardly a soul there. Unfortunately it was so cold along the shore that we didn't even get in the water. We tried to sunbathe in our swimsuits but when Gregg realized I had goosebumps we decided to head for the spa instead. Welcome to California! Here's some pics of the cool resort:


We also went out to dinner with Abby(a friend I have had forever) and her husband Brian. It was fun seeing them.
One of the days I had a brilliant idea to go on a hike so we could work off our eating-out calories. The map said it was an easy, lush hike to a waterfall. So we took off, with no water (typical tourists), in the middle of the day(it's like 95 degrees). I guess we went the back way because we never made it to the waterfall, it was dusty and dry, we were sweating like pigs, and it was not an easy hike. So here I am kissing the road when we finally made it back. Thank goodness that mountain lion didn't get us.



We met our good friends from Phoenix, Carly and Dave, and hit up a showing of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. It was pretty cool to see how it all works and Gregg and I agreed that Kevin Eubanks has the easiest job in the world.
We then went to a Diamondbacks/Dodgers game with Gregg's uncle, Jose, and son, Daniel. Too bad AZ got their trash kicked. Gregg got so frustrated with them it was kind of funny- don't tell him I said that.

On Saturday we went with Carly and Dave to Six Flags. I decided I am getting way too old for roller-coasters. I got queezy on quite a few of them and had to sit some out.
This was the log ride. Gregg and I stayed pretty dry. Poor Dave had to ring his shorts out(but the fanny pack, I mean "man bag", stayed dry!). 
This was the log ride. Gregg and I stayed pretty dry. Poor Dave had to ring his shorts out(but the fanny pack, I mean "man bag", stayed dry!). 


The next day we were so sore and exhausted (at least I was, Carly and Dave hit the gym at like 4 in the morning). But it was fun and we had a good time with Carly and Dave... thanks for coming out... we miss you guys!!!!!!!!
Anyways, now it's back to reality. I did miss my boys but I am already wondering when our next Adult Only vacation should be. A cruise anyone??



9 comments:
sounds like fun wondering if anyone gave Gregg the bird while at the Tonight Show, they might be nicer then Lettermans staff.
This looks like so much fun. Good for you two...getting away! And what a beautiful resort!
Glad you had so much fun on your vacation. Vacations are the best. I love just leaving everything for a couple of days. hope you had fun with abby and brian, I'm sure they enjoyed seeing you guys!
Oh Ging -- my goodness your life has changed since I last saw you! You look as darling as ever! What a FUN trip! It has been so fun to see what you are up to on your blog! Give Lynettie a hug for me next time you see her!! :) Steph
breckongang.blogspot.com
Looks like you guys had a great time by yourselves! I bet it was really fun to meet up with Dave and Carly! Justin and I went on a cruise for our honey moon and had such a good time... we loved it!
Looks like fun! I wonder how I will handle roller coasters the next time I get on them. Back in the day I was a "junkie". You look good! It was fun to see all of the pictures.
Glad you had a great time. Everyone can use a trip without the kids. Glad you go to see Abby as well.
So fun! I hop eto go on an Adults only vacation very soon. You look great! I am glad you guys had fun!
I am so glad you guys got to go alone! I was worried after your McCall trip.:) It definitely is a must when you have kids to get away once in awhile. Makes you appreciate them!Looks like you had tons of fun.
Post a Comment