Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our Anniversary Getaway (with the kids of course!)

So it has been 8 years since we have been married!!!! Crazy--it's gone by so fast. We decided to spend a couple days in McCall, which is about 2 hours from Boise. It has a beautiful lake with sandy beaches, and is really warm for being up in the mountains. It was good to get out of the house (I have been dying to get away) and the boys did pretty good.
This hike lasted about 10 minutes before we got attacked by swarms of mosquitos. So we just spent most of the time on the beaches. Our little water baby!! Cash loves the water and the sand. He reminds us of a little baby sea turtle because he would just crawl right straight into the lake. Weston hated the sand at his age. These kids couldn't be more opposite in almost every way!



Actually the boys favorite part of the trip was the hotel room- go figure. They thought it was so cool to crawl over the mattress that we put on the floor for Weston. Weston is one spoiled little boy- he got his very own hotel room to himself (the many perks of Gregg's job).


So Happy Anniversary babe and thanks for 8 great years!






13 comments:

Jen said...

congrats on 8 years! and hope you have a million more wonderful years together. You have a cute family.

The Booher's said...

Happy Anniversary! Baby Cash is so cute! I need to see him again! And you are way too skinny Ging, go eat some cake or something! Just kidding, you look great!

The Booher's said...

Actually I did eat doughnuts for breakfast today and yesterday! hee hee! I miss you guys too much! hurry back and visit!

Logan and Tanya said...

Wow! It feels like just yesterday we were at your bridal shower @ Birch Plaza! Oh, the memories! Happy Anniversary...and I LOOOOVE McCall!

TimBurnett@huntnhouse.com said...

Looks like a blast! We sure miss Idaho and all of its beauty... I love the photos too. Happy Anniversary!

Melissa Brown said...

You have such a cute family! Congrats on 8 years and you look amazing, what's the secret!?

Tora Family said...

Congrats on 8 years! It looks beautiful there and like you had a great time. You have such cute boys...I would really like to cuddle that little Cash.

Alecia said...

What cute boys! McCall is so fun in the summer. Glad you got to get away, even with the kids.

Brandi Jo said...

Happy Anniversary! WOW 8 years! It looks like you had a great time on your trip!

The West Family said...

Hi Allen Family- So good to see you having fun and Happy Anniversary. The boys are adorable- The West's

Rebecca said...

I didn't know you guys went to McCall...good for you!!! Happy 8years time flies doesn't it? Like everyone said in there comments, you do look good!!

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

It looks like you guys had a great trip! I really need to visit Idaho. It looks beautiful! Eight years!??! WOW...you guys are getting old :)

Brian and Abby said...

It was sooo fun to see you, I'm sorry we didn't get to spend more time. You guys look great. I can't believe it has already been 8 years. Time really does fly by. The boys look like they had fun. CUTE FAMILY