Friday, August 1, 2008

Busy July

It has been a busy month with lots of family and lots of fun. Here's a recap:


Gregg's cousin and his roommate drove from Provo to stay with us for the 4th to go kayaking and rafting. We stayed up way too late for the fireworks since they didn't even start until 11 pm. Cash was tired and whiny and poor Weston was so scared Gregg had to sit in the car with him the whole time. We may just skip fireworks next year.



Gregg's family stayed with us for a weekend for his sister Rockelle's softball games. It was nonstop with games, a barbeque, Grandma Darla's birthday, and lots of rafting.


Here we are getting ready to go down the Payette River. The first day was very interesting as we flipped our boat! You would think for as much as I have been rafting I would know better but it was only my second time on this river- so that's my excuse. It was just Gregg and I, his dad, and 2 younger sisters. We were light as a feather and we just got TOSSED!!!!! The second day we had Gregg's brother and brother-in-law with us so we had some serious manpower and extra weight.
This is the wave that flipped us end on end. But it looks so innocent doesn't it? It wasn't until after that first run that we learned it's called "Go Left" because you go left of it and avoid the hole. Huh... too bad we didn't know earlier, that info could have come in handy. Thankfully Gregg's sisters thought it was pretty cool to flip so noone was traumatized from the experience! (Thanks Lynette for lending us your boat!)


My parents have been up at our cabin in Garden Valley for the last couple weeks so we went and saw them for a few days. Weston loves to get pulled around in the wagon. Thanks mom for being a good sport!




Oh and I can garden!!!! It's amazing what good soil and weather will do. All the hard work has pulled off and I am now reaping the rewards! Cash of course loves the garden too and whatever may live in the dirt!

One of our frequent visits to the park. It's funny, I keep waiting for it to get really hot, I mean it's August for crying out loud, but then I came to the realization that were not in Phoenix anymore. The news today said the high in Boise was 92....... the high in Phoenix 113....... little reminders of why we moved here.

5 comments:

The Booher's said...

Stop posting pictures of all of the fun your are having! It makes me miss you guys even more. And Cash is too cute with dirt coming out of his mouth. It was good to see Gregg when he was here but Chloe kept asking where you and Weston were. Hopefully you will visit soon, and we need to come visit next summer to get out of this heat, even if it is a dry heat its still HOT! Love you!

Brandi Jo said...

How fun! I love the picture of Cash in the garden... very cute! It is so beautiful there. We left the heat this weekend and went up to Big Lake... it was really nice! I am glad that you guys are all okay after flipping the boat! That is so crazy, but I bet it was a blast!

Logan and Tanya said...

The rafting brought back so many memories for me...sounds like lots of fun! And how fun to have your parents closer for a chunk of the summer! Also, congrats on the garden. It looks amazing! I planted one, but a good ol' Idaho hail storm OBLITERATED the thing last week! We'll do good at this point to get even ONE thing from it! Maybe next year! :)

Tora Family said...

aww...you look so pretty. And those boys of you are so cute! It looks like you had TONS of fun!

Jill said...

elder allen! i clicked over from cox's blog. hope you don't mind me spying. great pics of you and your cute boys and beautiful wife. hope you are all well!
jill (formerly known as sister miller)