Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Why every kid should live in the country....

This weekend we went out to Gregg's parents house in Howe, which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Weston had such a blast with his cousins until he got really sick but that's a different story. Anyways, it's amazing how busy a kid can stay when they can roam. He never asked to watch any TV and his whining was reduced by about 60% (maybe 65%). It was so nice to get away from the city and get some fresh air!


Weston loved the baby chicks even though he wouldn't touch one Cash and Grandma Darla
Weston couldn't get enough of the trampoline. He even wanted to jump the day he was vomiting. Poor kid.Cruising in Grandpa Scotty's car

It was a fun 4 days. Unfortunately, both boys got sick. Cash with the fever and Weston with some kind of crazy vomiting episode that he is still trying to recover from. He has hardly eaten or drank anything in the last 3 days----when do you start to worry?

8 comments:

Tora Family said...

How fun! I agree...fresh air and wide open spaces is great for kids. I always worry when they get sick. My doc said you should always keep an eye on their fluid intake and output...if there aren,t enough wet diapers then you should call.

Logan and Tanya said...

Ging,
I love the pix on the farm! How fun! And yes, being in the country is awesome for the kiddos, huh?! I couldn't agree more...not always the best for this mommy, but the kids love it! (Just kidding). The baby chicks are adorable.
I've always tried to pack in the gatorade when my kids get dehydrated. They see it as juice, but the electrolytes seem to help re-build the system. Good luck!

Blecca and R Home said...

Sorry your kids are sick! It looks like they had fun! Sarah and Evan have little chickies for their daughter and she loves them!

Brandi Jo said...

Justin got me a nice camera for my Birthday/Christmas last year. I have really enjoyed it. I haven't bought any editing programs yet. I am trying to decide what to get. I have been just doing my editing in a basic program that came with our Mac computer. Anyways... let me know how you like photoshop! :-)

The farm looks like a lot of fun. My parents sort of live on a redneck farm! Ha ha!! But same thing... the boys love it! :-)

Melissa Brown said...

What a fun trip. Sorry that the boys got sick though. I give Carter otter pops and popsicles when he is throwing up. the sugar helps lift his spirit and at least it's some fluid. Hope that helps!

The Booher's said...

Id have to disagree! I think smog and really close houses are definatly the best for kids! hee hee! Im sorry that this kids got sick, not fun at all! But at least they still had fun, kids are resiliant!

The Booher's said...

Ok Allen's, enough with this Idaho stuff. It was fun while it lasted, but I think it's time for you to move back to the PHX. To back up my suggestion I have made "The Top 5 Reason The Allens Need to Move Back to AZ" list. Maybe this will persuade you!

5. The housing market is great right now if you want to buy. Everything is going at a huge discount. Great for a young family like yourself. Buffy can help you look. I think she has seen every vacant house in the valley.

4. NO SNOW! I had to scrap the ice off my windshield for the first time in my life last winter. I'm sure it is an everyday occurance there in the winter. 29 years in Phoenix and one morning of scraping. I would way that is pretty good record.

3. Professial Sports! Can you really call yourself a D Backs fan while living in Idaho. I noticed the shirt in one of the pics (glad to see your representing), but seriously Gregg. Lets list them all: Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey (I guess). Now lets list the pro sports Idaho has, hummmm, wells there's, hummm. Point made!!!

2. Lets think about you family Gregg. They need you at home more. Sky Harbor International has direct flights to almost anywhere, even to Hawaii when you HAVE to go to work there.

1. Me! Do I have to say more?

Think about it guys. I grew up here and turned out ok.

Miss you guys,

Chris

Brian and Abby said...

I miss Idaho sooo much. Good old Howe. I totally agree with you about the country. Kids need a place to run around and explore, you guys look like you are having a great time and the boys look really cute!!! I wish we could get together sometime.