Gregg had a crazy 8 days with work and he was home only 1 1/2 of those days. I was about to pull my hair out, and completely stopped doing my hair all together, but when he got home he suggested I take a weekend trip to Phoenix by myself! At first I thought it was a ridiculous idea but before I knew it I was headed on an airplane with my ipod and a good book.
I spent about 4 days in the Arizona sunshine taking advantage of sleeping in, laying out(who the heck has time to do that anymore?), and spending hours just mindlessly wandering the mall. It was so fun to hang out with Carly and Melissa from our old ward and watch with a smile on my face as they chased their kids around! And it was perfect timing because Buffy's husband was gone snowboarding (sorry Chris... you know all she did was talk about you though), so we took advantage of that and went and saw Twilight (again-- and much better the 2nd time around but I still wish I would have directed it) and then we stayed up until about 3 in the morning talking about politics or something mature like that!!! I spent the other days with my parents, Boyd (ok, not really), and my sister's crazy sick family(you guys still breathing?).
It was an awesome weekend and not because I wasn't around my kids or husband but because I realized that I really am the same person I used to be- laughing into the wee hours of the morning (Buffy- you have no idea how many years younger I feel now!) and that this mom just needs a serious attitude makeover! So Gregg--- thank you for the little break and I feel like I can be a better mom and wife now!!!!! You are the BEST!! (Do you think I could do it again next year?)
Oh and for anyone who lives in the frigid tundra that is outside of the Phoenix area I thought you would appreciate this picture. It is my absolute favorite thing to see (and eat)at my parents house in the dead of winter of 75 degrees........
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Sorry Ladies.... I have the best husband!!!!
Posted by Ginger and Gregg at 8:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Oh Ginger! That last picture has me almost drooling! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Arizona oranges! Sounds like such a great get-a-way...so glad it worked out! ;}
Ginger I AM going to kill you :) Just joking. My work schedule makes daytime activities kinda tricky. I'm glad you got a nice break though...sounds like it was great! We can see each other next time you're around!
Yes, we are still breathing. I'm just glad you didn't get sick. I think it's my turn to come up and see you now, by myself!
Glad you are still alive! What a nice husband, I am so jealous of your warm weather escapades.
So sweet! That was sooo nice of him! I LOVE AZ oranges too! I have missed them sooo much!
Post a Comment