Friday, October 26, 2007

Our New Arrival


Cash Jacob Allen was born on Oct. 15. He weighed 6lbs, 2oz and was 18 3/4 in long. He was induced 3 weeks early because the docs suspected his growth was restricted. They gave me one day's notice about being induced and gave me a scare at the ultrasound that he would be 4 pounds. Let's just say I was an emotional wreck that weekend. But little Cash proved the doctors wrong and he is just fine! He ended up having to spend a couple days in the NICU for breathing problems and low blood glucose but is doing great now and is already a week and a half old! He is a super sweet baby and we are so excited to have him!

4 comments:

The Booher's said...

He is so cute! And I cant believe still how big he was for how little they thought he would be! I cant wait to meet him! We miss you guys!

Melissa Brown said...

That's so crazy about the doctors. You know... they are wrong alot. They thought Carter would be over 7 pounds and he wasn't even 6 and my friend was just induced because they thought her boy would be over 9 and he was barley 7! I'm glad to hear he is well! He is so beautiful :)

Dana said...

Hey! I just found out from Abby that you have a blog. :) I will add you to my friends list. It is so nice to be able to keep up with friends this way. So glad to hear that you are doing well, and that little Cash is healthy! I had no clue that you were even pregnant. Your 7 mo pic is too cute! I wish I looked that cute when I was 7 mos. preg with Ava. Glad to hear you guys got to go back to Idaho.

Tora Family said...

Sounds like my doctor - over reacting...and scaring the crap out of me...and baby turned out just fine, but you can't help but worry. I'm glad he is healthy and everyone is doing well - he is a cutie!